During the month of January, I took a class at a Christian University in Orlando. The whole thing was set up by God. Here is a brief summary of what happened:
Several months ago, friend of mine, who is also majoring in Communication Sciences and Disorders, introduced me to a Christian University that she had previously attended here in Orlando. Months passed and during the months of November and December I felt God was saying "Go to seminary." I questioned this because I am already a senior in a major that I love and why would God be telling me to go somewhere else now? I felt God kept saying "Go to seminary" and so I looked into this Christian University that my friend had told me about several months prior. To be quite honest, it was not convenient to research the school, call the offices, or fill out an application but I did because I knew that this was obedience to God-- He told me to go here.
After this, I was saying to myself, "Okay, I'll go to seminary but I don't even know which class to take?" I didn't want to take a completely irrelevant class that I would never use. It turns out that I was able to audit a class (which means I did not have to quit my major, or start earning a theology degree, I was simply taking the class for personal enrichment.) This school only has 1 class per month and do you know what the next available class was for January 2011? It was called 'Knowing God'. For those of you who read my previous post titled 'Knowing God', I have realized that knowing God is ultimately the most important thing in life. I came to realize that knowing God is more important than me getting to Africa or me obtaining my career. It's the most important thing.
So I took the class and ultimately, what I took away from it was a sense that God is preparing me. Him telling me to "Go to seminary", providing the college right here in Orlando, the reference through my friend, and leading me to the 'Knowing God' class, I can 100% feel Him guiding me toward what He wants me to do. I feel He is preparing me for mission work later in my life. It's like the pieces of my puzzle are slowly being pushed around and starting to form something beautiful.