30 December 2010

Baked Brie with Rosemary, Almond, and Cherries

Oh me, Oh my.
 

This is next on my 'To-Make' list...

I found this little beauty on http://www.fresh365online.com/recipes/2009/6/17/baked-brie-with-rosemary-almond-cherries.html.  If you are a fan of Brie, or maybe feel like a bit of change from the usual cheese, this recipe may be for you.  
















This serves 4-6 as an appetizer and I have placed the recipe below:

2 T chopped fresh rosemary
2 T chopped slivered almonds
2 T honey
1 brie cheese round
8 fresh cherries, pitted and chopped
crackers (of your choice)

Preheat oven to 400F. In a small bowl, combine rosemary and almonds. With a pastry brush (or knife), coat the sides of the brie with honey and dip into rosemary-almond mixture, pressing. Place brie on a baking sheet. Brush the top with honey and sprinkle with the remaining herb mixture. Place in oven and bake 20 minutes. Remove brie from oven and top with chopped cherries. Bake an additional 5-10 minutes until brie is soft when cut. Serve with crackers.

 












I have not yet attempted this recipe, but when I do I will post my thoughts and descriptions and feedback and workout plan.