In Peru my team and I "storied" the Bible, meaning we each took a different parable from the Gospels, memorized them in Spanish, and then recited with actions in front of different groups.
Since many people in the area in which we were do not read, we recited the parables multiple times, which helped them commit the stories to memory. Then we asked questions about the meaning of the parables at the end.
I storied the parable of The Lost Sheep. I was most likely a hot mess reciting it in Spanish, but I had my little paper, and I think they understood :) Still, it is one of my favorite memories because I was doing work for the Kingdom of God.
Since I have not been able to do mission work since 2009 because of grad school, I want to be faithful in preparing for future mission work. One of my fellow team mates dramatized the story of Zacchaeus (en espanol, Zaqeo), and she did an excellent job. I have begun to memorize this story as well, because I want to be ready for the time God calls me again to the mission field.
Porque el Hijo del hombre vino a buscar y a salvar lo que se habia perdido.