Today I attended the Walk Now for Autism Speaks in Orlando. It was a great event that supports Autism research and families. So I decided to post a video I found a few weeks ago about a girl with Autism who has an amazing story.
I work for a family who has a child with Autism and I learn so much from my job every day. Every day I see her, I discover more of this little girl's personality and who she is as a person. When I was younger, I honestly used to be scared of people who had disabilities because they would make weird noises, sometimes they looked strange, and acted inappropriate in social situations. From learning about why the disorders occur, I have learned that people with disabilities can't be defined by their disorder. Underneath their disability is a person, a personality, likes, dislikes, and desires. I have to constantly look past the screaming and pinching and throwing at work, I have to look past the disorder, to see her as a person, and to see this beautiful girl God has made.